Nelson Engineering is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with 3 to 8 years of experience to join us in our Jackson Wyoming office.
Nelson Engineering is a civil engineering and land surveying consulting firm with over 50 years of history with offices in Jackson and Buffalo Wyoming; and Driggs Idaho. Nelson Engineering offers a very competitive benefits package with great opportunities for advancement.
This position involves oversight of tasks, technical execution, and analyses during project design and construction of projects associated with all of the markets we serve including, Commercial and Residential Structures, Utility Infrastructure, Water Resources, Transportation, Federal and Local Governments.
- Proposal development
- Coordination and/or oversight of geotechnical field investigations
- Geotechnical analyses and report preparation
- Retaining Wall Design
- Oversight of geotechnical/materials aspects of construction projects
- Development of plans and specifications
The candidate should have at minimum: Experience in, or the ability to readily learn all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation, Including:
- Foundation design including deep, shallow, and intermediate foundations
- Proficiency in software including pile, micropile, and conventional footing software
- Slope Stability analyses, Slope/W
- Retaining wall analyses and design
- Pavement design
- Report writing
- Assessment of excavations and design of shoring
- Groundwater and aquifer assessments, well design
Skills Required Include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of construction techniques and methods, ability to communicate effectively with other professionals and contractors.
- The ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- A thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in small team environment
- Can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- Commitment to excellent client service
The candidate should be prepared to thrive in a small-team environment where daily assignments may include many tasks.
BS degree with focus and/or experience in geotechnical work required, MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred. Candidates with more than 4 years of experience should have a Professional License.
Candidates can submit their resume by clicking Submit Your Resume