Nelson Engineering of Buffalo Wyoming is seeking qualified candidates for a Land Surveyor position.
Nelson Engineering is a civil engineering and land surveying consulting firm with over 50 years of history. Nelson Engineering offers a very competitive benefit package with great opportunities for advancement.
This is a full time surveying position with with following primary responsibilities:
- Perform cadastral, boundary, A.L.T.A/ACSM surveys, and water right surveys
- Develop subdivision plats and record of survey maps
- Perform site/topographic surveys for small and large projects. Compile/reduce data and import data into drawings.
- Prepare parcel descriptions for properties, roads, easements, rights of way, etc.
- Control surveys: establish and maintain control networks over large and small sites.
- Construction staking, including the ability to generate stakeout data from plans and transfer that information onto the ground.
- Establish and maintain quality control procedures on survey operations
- Effectively manage multiple, complex survey projects
- Work with staff engineers to plan and execute survey responsibilities for in-house projects in Eastern Wyoming and surrounding areas
- Work in inclement weather and in all types of terrain
Current Wyoming Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) License, or the ability to obtain a license within 1 year. 5 years minimum work experience or similar responsibilities. Familiarity with ACAD, Civil 3D, Leica software, Leica GPS, robotic total stations, and scanners would also be preferred. A candidate must be willing to travel and work in locations in Eastern and Central Wyoming and surrounding areas.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or respond by using the “Submit Your Resume Here” button on the Employment page.