Nelson Engineering has served the Natural Resources Conservation Service as a technical service provider in both Wyoming and Idaho. Our experience in water resources and irrigation engineering were utilized by the NRCS and its cooperating landowners in a wide variety of water resources related projects.
Projects in Wyoming and Idaho consisted of:
- Large canal structures including diversion checks, headgates, flumes, and drop structures,
- Pipeline improvements including ditch-to-pipeline conversions and drainage crossings,
- Pipeline inlet and outlet structures,
- Creation of storage and regulating reservoirs,
- Spring development,
- Cattle watering facilities,
- Wetland creation and mitigation for impacted wetlands,
- Pumping systems for pivots.