The quality, quantity, and durability of built infrastructure or public works is the hallmark of great civilizations. Still extant roads, viaducts, and stadiums the Romans built 2000 years ago speak to the enduring greatness of their society. The Great Wall of China and the Pyramids of Giza still cause us to consider how remarkable the societies were that produced such iconic works of collective endeavor.
The staff of Nelson Engineering takes great pride in providing public works design services for the region. It is our stated goal to enhance our regions quality of life by providing high quality public infrastructure upon which communities depend.
The professional experience of the Nelson Engineering staff assigned to public works projects encompasses all phases of planning, design, and construction management.
- Property Boundary
- Construction Staking
- Hydrologic/Flood Flow Prediction
- Hydraulic Modeling/Flood Studies
- Storm Water Management and Pollution Prevention Plans
- Asset Management (e.g., Capital Improvement Program, Pavement Management Program, Sewer Mains Rehabilitation Program)
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water Supply, Storage, and Distribution Systems
- Sanitary Sewer Collection Systems
- Storm Water Collection, Treatment, and Disposal/Reuse
- Street, Sidewalk, Roadway, and Pathway
- Site Civil Engineering (Grading, Drainage, Utilities, Transportation)
- Permit Applications
- Grant Applications
- Easement and Right-of-Way Negotiation and Acquisition
- Construction Contract Administration
- Resident Project Representative